Listen Live on  

News Radio 570 WWNC

Western North Carolina's News & Information Station

Man Killed After E-Cig Explodes

Man Killed After E-Cig Explodes
Posted August 9th, 2014 @ 5:17pm by John Johnson, Newser Staff

(NEWSER) – The debate on whether e-cigarettes are a healthier alternative to regular smokes continues, but the "e" part clearly poses unique risks: A UK man was killed after his device misfired and ignited his oxygen equipment, reports the BBC. Fire officials say David Thomson, 62, was charging his e-cig in his bedroom when it "exploded, caught fire, and ignited the oxygen tube of an oxygen concentrator, which may have been in use by the occupier."

Read the full story on

PHOTO: Shutterstock

Recommended Stories

More from News Radio 570 WWNC