Pete's Prep: Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019
- From WLOS: "According to a study by JAMA Pediatrics, for every additional hour teens spend on social media or watching TV, symptoms of depression could become more severe."
- The Federalist: "The irony of the New York Times’ 1619 Project is that it embraces the critique of the American Founding espoused by the leading defender of Southern slavery, Sen. John C. Calhoun."
- So, HB2 didn't destroy the state after all? Governor Roy Cooper is touting all the tourism spending in NC.
- Meanwhile, WRAL reports: Gov. Cooper is looking to "cap carbon dioxide emissions from power plants and accelerate the closure of coal-fired power plants under a draft plan."
- The L.A. Times: Planned Parenthood opts out of federal funding to keep doing abortions.