Pete's Prep Sheet: Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018
- The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission made it's formal recommendation to the Florida Legislature on how to improve school safety at this year's massacre, and says teachers who "volunteer and undergo extensive background checks and training be allowed to carry concealed guns on campus to stop future shootings."
- The Boy Scouts of America is looking at whether to declare bankruptcy. According to the Washington Examiner, it's due to "a decline in membership and mounting legal fees connected to a series of lawsuits related to the organization’s management of sexual abuse allegations."
- A gay conservative wrote the "stigma of my conservative politics is worse than the stigma of being gay." Outrage ensued.
- If there's going to be a new election in North Carolina's 9th Congressional District race, it's going to cost a lot of money.
- NC Attorney General Josh Stein is investigating the e-cigarette maker - Juul Labs - over its marketing efforts and whether it has tried to keep its products out of the hands of people too young to buy them.