Pete's Prep: Friday, May 10, 2019
- At Forbes: George Orwell's 1984 turns 70... and "it predicted much of today's surveillance society."
- Senior Vice President of the John Locke Foundation, Becki Gray, joins us today to discuss the week in Raleigh - and a preview of the budget battle ahead.
- Four out of five teachers in Charlotte are NOT "cost burdened" by housing. That's the headline the Charlotte Observer didn't run.
- It appears the Asheville City Council's extortion campaign against hoteliers has paid off - with a commitment to allow the city to siphon hotel tax revenue.
- REMINDER: This weekend is the Fins & Gills Classic! Details are here.