Is Joe Biden okay?
The former Vice President's performance on the campaign trail seems to get worse with each appearance - leaving people cringing at the awkwardness of his remarks. But with a reputation as "Uncle Joe" - will he be able to survive the primary? Juan Williams at FOX News says Biden's gaffes are already "baked into" the public's perception of the 77-year old Democrat. So, it doesn't appear to be hurting him.
I know he's made all sorts of ridiculous comments over his career as a politician, but these last few weeks seem different. He seems to struggle to find the words - rather than just blurting out some weird opinion or statement.
But, it appears that if you make bizarre and awkward comments over a long period of time, eventually nobody will care.
Pete's Prep: Friday, Nov. 22, 2019
- North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest is calling for the FBI's Public Corruption Unit to investigate Governor Roy Cooper's involvement in the creation of a slush fund tied to permit approval of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline project.
- WLOS-TV: "A movement is growing in North Carolina to prevent the act of so-called 'opossum dropping.'"
- Asheville Citizen-Times: "With the closing of the North Carolina General Assembly late last week, Buncombe County commissioners' districts for the 2020 election were essentially confirmed. As of 2 p.m. on Nov. 20, official maps were not yet available through the local Board of Elections. But state legislative district maps that have been approved by lawmakers coincide with Buncombe's district lines, giving candidates and voters a good idea of the new political landscape."
- Buncombe County Commission Chairman, Brownie Newman, wants to make the bus system free to use.
- POLITICO: "The Sixteen Thirty Fund, a little-known nonprofit headquartered in Washington, spent $141 million on more than 100 left-leaning causes during the midterm election year, according to a new tax filing from the group."